DIPLOMA IN WILDLIFE TOURISM MANAGEMENT (DWT)
In Uganda tourism industry which is largely wildlife based plays a key role in export earnings. The sector is now the leading foreign exchange earner for Uganda as of 2013, inform of foreign exchange to the national economy. As tourism industry continues to be the fastest growing sector globally, it has experienced a range of developments at sub national, national, and international levels, and emerging issues such as the discovery of oil & gas, and the impacts related to the development of this sector.
Such changes demand for new competencies from the graduates of UWRTI so that they are well positioned to address emerging issues and challenges. The reviewed program is intended to provide the human resource that will help Government to meet its targets of improving domestic, regional and international tourism industry.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAM
- Provide an opportunity for Ugandans and the international community to obtain a qualification in wildlife tourism for socio-economic development.
- Enhance management and conservation of wildlife resources as a prerequisite for tourism by producing professionals to serve the public and private tourism and nature conservation enterprises.
By the end of the program, trainees will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the socio – economic values of tourism resources and the challenges paused to their productivity and survival.
- Demonstrate the right level of proficiency and attitude to effectively manage wildlife and create enterprises in tourism sector
- Apply appropriate knowledge and skills to provide tourism related advisory services
- Implement policies, legislation and conventions in wildlife management and conservation practices
- Apply competencies in basic numerical analytical skills in decision making and planning processes
- Demonstrate ability to deal with emerging issues affecting community conservation in the context of shared natural resources
Objectives of the program
- To equip learners with knowledge, values and skills that will make them competitive in the job market.
- To provide learners with innovative and entrepreneurial skills for self employment
- To provide a foundation for professional growth in the tourism and oil and gas sectors for socio-economic growth of the country
- To impart health and safety, environment and biodiversity conservation consciousness for sustainable wildlife tourism
- Diploma in Wildlife Tourism Management is two years (2 years)
- A candidate to be admitted for a diploma in Wildlife Tourism management has to fulfill one of the following:
- Has passed biology at O’ level and a minimum of two principal passes at A ‘level; One of the principal passes must be in Geography, History, Christian and Moslem religious studies, Literature in English and other related subjects .
- Holds at least accredit in a certificate in tourism or relevant field from a recognized institution.
I have got much interest in wildlife and tourism industry simply because I love Nature and it’s my dream job, so please how do I apply to join the institution and what intake are currently available, would like to join in Diploma in wildlife tourism and management , thanks.
Please check on the academics info Tab everything is clear
Iam an interested candidate when is in take for diploma in wild life and tourism management 2019
am in interested in that course DIPLOMA IN WILDLIFE TOURISM MANAGEMENT (DWT)
send me application form on my email firstname.lastname@example.org, and what i would like to know is about bussaries to people who wants be helped, i applied last year and admited but i did not report due to financial complications,. thanks
Hello. How can I apply for a Diploma corse and how much per semester. And where are the offices of contact in Kampala.
I’m a great three primary school teacher and I have a great interest in doing diploma in tourism and resource management, am I eligible for the course?
Hi, I so much love tourism and its my dream career as I would like to apply for the diploma in wildlife and tourism management, he do I apply??
Dear Joel please use this link.