Current Project under impementation
Currently, were are implementing a project ( UGA1402711/AP/004) under the framework of the “ support to skilling Uganda Project” That is funded With Enable, the Belgian Development Agency for Skills Development in the Albertine Rwenzori for skilling the youth, girls and women in tourism development.
OTHER PARTNERSHIPS INCLUDE:
- The institute has partnership with a number of Agencies/organizations in executing its mandate.
- The Institute partnered with USAID to revise the Institute curricula in its current foam to include oil and gas concerns and standard operation procedures (SOPS).
- The Institute signed MoU’s with Makerere university, Mbarara university, Kyambogo university, Uganda Petroleum Institute and Nyabyeya Forestry College to deliver on the new curriculum
- We have partnership with Uganda Wildlife Authority to conduct refresher courses to their in-service staff. This partnership is ongoing and so far, we have trained and graduated more than 500 employees of UWA.
- The institute has partnerships with communities around protected areas to train wildlife scouts. We have trained more than 200 scouts in communities around Queen Elizabeth national park.